A very strong cleaner, which can be used to soften up / remove baked on drying oils and also used after animal and vegetable oils, fish oils, tall oils, tung oil etc. It is low toxic product with an exceptional solvency power on soil & oily matter. It is free from Hydrocarbon solvents , Biodegradable and minimizes the extreme hazards to personnel in handling materials. For effective cleaning of animal and vegetable oils the first cleaning step is of utmost importance.
A very strong alkaline cleaner, which can be used to soften up / remove baked on drying oils and also used after animal and vegetable oils, fish oils, tall oils, tung oil etc. It is free hydrocarbon solvents.Gentle & suitable for tank cleaning operation.
Vegetable and Animal Oils (Cleaning Procedure)
1. Butterworth the tank with seawater or freshwater with a temperature 20°C. above the melting point of the product to be cleaned. After sufficient pre-cleaning of at least 1.5 hours the temperature can be increased. Drying and Semi-drying ProductsThese are oxidising products and through reaction with oxygen they will dry and harden. Tank cleaning should be executed as soon as possible after discharge. High temperatures (e.g. cleaning or steaming) and heated cargoes in adjacent tanks should be avoided.
2. Butterworth the tank with cold to warm seawater or freshwater.If the product has a higher melting point Butterworth the tank with seawater or freshwater with a temperature maximum 10°C above the melting point of the product. After sufficient pre-cleaning of at least 1.5 - 2 hours the temperature can be increased. Fatty Acids or vegetable/animal oils with high free fatty acid contentsee the cleaning suggestion of Fatty Acids.
3. If seawater was used in step 1 it is of utmost importance to flush/rinse the tank with freshwater before cleaning as per step 3 is continued.
4. (Final cleaning)Prepare the following solution (A) in freshwater (see table):
5. continuedButterworth the tank with the prepared solution for 1, 5-2, 0 hours by recirculation. The necessary temperature can be achieved /maintained by means of heating coil (service tank) cargo heat exchanger or Butterworth heater.If RXSOL-20-2046-210 is used the cleaning temperature should be 60-70°C If Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide is used the cleaning temperature should be 60.C.If RXSOL-20-2046-210 Marine is used the cleaning temperature can be 70-80°C. Depending on the amount of product residues the solution can be used for 1 to 3 tanks.
6. Butterworth the tank 1 hour with hot seawater
7. Rinse the tank with fresh water
8. Inspect the tank; if white residues or a white film is present (calcium/magnesium soaps or carbonate) Butterworth the tank with one the following solution: 3-5% phosphoric acid and 0.4% RXSOL-20-2046-210 (stainless steel only); or 3-5% nitric acid and 0.4% RXSOL-20-2046-210 (stainless steel only); or 5-10% citric acid and 0,4% RXSOL-20-2046-210 (also suitable for Epoxy Coatings) or 2% RXSOL-16-1011-025 Marine and 0,4% RXSOL-20-2046-210 (also suitable for Epoxy Coatings) The cleaning temperature should be moderate (50°C.) Use heating coils not the Butterworth heater.
9. Flush the tank with fresh water
10.Ventilate, mop and dry the cargo tank.
Note: for vegetable oils which can be cleaned only by the RXSOL-20-2046-210 (Solution A) the final cleaning can be carried out by recirculation or byinjection (see method 3).
Vegetable oils can be cleaned by the recirculation or by injection method. Pl. refer below point of REMARKS
* Use a strainer at the pump stack when circulating any solution.*
Tank Lining – Stainless / Epoxy / Phenolic
Our Experience Shows that perfet cleaning can be achived by adopting 2 step cleaning method-
1st by applying Physical pressure Cleaning by using high pressure machine ( 8 - 9 Bar ) with cold water.
2ndly adopt Chemical cleaning of the tank, here again pl. note temperature plays very importan role during chemical tank cleaning.
Note : 1. Avoid high temperature during initial washing of drying and semi-drying palm oils
2. Avoid Caustic based chemicals which can make your tanks white if heated to higher temperatures.
3. Always Use fresh water for making the cleaning solution, uses of sea water entire heating coils have chances of hard solid salt deposits and salt deposits could become difficult to remove. But if uses of sea water for making the chemical solution is only option then during cleaning operation First, stop the steam in the heating coils at least 30 minutes before stopping recirculation. Finally rinse the tank with fresh water for 5-10 minutes immediately after chemical recirculation.
CLEANING TIPS : PREWASH WITH COLD SEA WATER THEN MAIN WASH WITH HOT SEA WATER AND INJECT CAUSTIC POTASH LIQUID Based cleaner RXSOL-20-2046-210
CHINA WOOD OIL POPPYSEED OIL
CANDLE NUT OIL RUBBERSEED OIL
HEMPSEED OIL SAFFLOWER OIL
LINSEED OIL SOYA BEAN OIL
MENHADEN OIL TALL OIL
MUSTARDSEED OIL TUNG OIL
OTTICEA OIL WALNUT OIL
Cleanig TIPS : PREWASH WITH COLD SEA WATER THEN MAIN WASH WITH HOT SEA WATER AND INJECT CAUSTIC POTASH LIQUID RXSOL-20-2046-210
BABASSU OIL COD OIL
CODLIVER OIL COTTONSEED OIL
CROTON OIL HERRING OIL
JAP FISH OIL MAIZE OIL
SARDINE OIL SESAME OIL
SHARK OIL SUNFLOWERSEED OIL
WHALE OIL WHEAT OIL
CLEANING TIPS : PREWASH WITH HOT SEA WATER THEN MAIN WASH WITH SEA WATER AND INJECT CAUSTIC POTASH BASED LIQUID RXSOL-20-2046-210
ALMOND OIL ARACHIS OIL (GROUNDNUT)
CAMPHOR OIL CANADA OIL
CARAPA OIL CHASHEW NUT OIL
CASTOR OIL COCONUT OIL
COHUNE OIL CURI CURI OIL
GERANIUM OIL LARD OIL (ANIMAL)
NEATSFOOT OIL OLIVE OIL
PALM OIL PINE OIL HOT
RAPESEED OIL (COLZA) RICE OIL
SEAL OIL SPERM OIL
TACUM OIL TALLOW OIL
TEA SEED OIL
1st Point : We must initially wash these tanks with ambient seawater. Never try to use hot sea water, the palm oil will become hardened on the coating and it will not be possible to remove this from the coating.
2nd Point : On completion of oil discharging as soon as wash these tanks. If the terminal does not allow tank cleaning at berth, we can just introduce some water in the tank and recirculate it for few seconds in every few hours to keep the tank bulkheads moist.
In short terms Initially wash the tanks containing drying or semi-drying palm oils with ambient seawater (or fresh water) for 1-1.5 hours. And Keep the tank moist till the time tank cleaning is commenced.